Volunteer Opportunity – Counsellor Wanted:
Durham County Carer Support (DCCS)
Volunteer Role: Volunteer Counsellor
Reporting to: Volunteer Project Lead
Purpose of the role: 1-1 counselling sessions with Carers
The role is open to anyone who is signed off from a college or university as fit to practice or are already qualified.
- To provide counselling support to Carers in a non-judgemental way using techniques such as CBT or Person centred.
- To encourage coping strategies like stress management and relaxation techniques.
- To work within the ethical frame of the registered bodies ie BACP, NCS etc.
- You will be required to work independently and report back any concerns/issues at your earliest convenience to the Volunteer Project Lead.
- To manage your appointments via the online office 365 calendar and report into the Volunteer Project Lead.
- To ensure all safeguarding and lone working policies are followed, including any mention of suicidal thoughts or intent.
- To maintain professional boundaries at all times and uphold the mission, and values of DCCS.
The Volunteer Project Lead will support the Volunteer Counsellor beginning with an enhanced DBS check, induction and ongoing support and we can also include clinical supervision as part of the placement.