9:30 am / 1:30 pm
A four-hour course to prepare and demonstrate how Carers can protect their backs within their caring role.
- What is moving and positioning / What are the benefits?
- Practical techniques
- Basic (visual) risk assessment
- Posture, anatomy & common Injuries
- The benefits of (appropriate) exercise
- Principles of safer handling and practical scenarios (suggested by carers themselves on the day)
To show Carers the benefits of lifting correctly. To enable viewing and trying a range of small handling equipment.
Moving & Assisting course Willowburn Hospice, Lanchester 15th June 2022 9.30 to 1.30pm
Moving & Assisting course Seaham Town Hall 8th August 2022 9.30 to 1.30 pm
Moving & Assisting course The Four Clocks Bishop Auckland 6th September 2022 9.30 to 1.30 pm
To Book: please call Jan Burden on 0191 500 6034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org