10:00 am / 3:00 pm
Open to all unpaid carers living or caring in County Durham. We may be able to help with support at home while you attend the two-day course. Lunch will be provided. For more information or to secure your place please contact Jan Burden: 0191 500 6034 or email email@example.com
Anticipatory grief is common among people facing the eventual death of a loved one, possibly someone they are caring for. Most people expect to feel grief after a death but a Carer could experience fear, anxiety, worry, anger and more, before the death of a loved one. This course will help Carers identify what Anticipatory Grief is and understand the impact it could have on them as a Carer and help them cope.
- To provide support and promote health and wellbeing by helping Carers understand the impact of Anticipatory Grief and loss.
- To help individuals identify the strategies that will help them through difficult times, for example:
- The feelings of becoming a full time Carer, following a sudden diagnosis of a life limiting illness.
- The feelings of loss of hope/the life you expected
- The expected/anticipated death of a loved one
Who is the course for?
- Unpaid family Carers either living in County Durham or caring for someone living in County Durham
DAY 2: THURSDAY 21ST JULY 2022
10AM – 3PM (lunch will be provided)